Tel: 01429 274931
Registered Charity No: 1141099
Station Secretary: Bill Wilson
Site hosted by Cathay Internet Media Ltd
Before A Flood
Know where you can find out if a flood warning is in force for your area. This will give you advance notice to prepare for a flood event. Information can be found at:
Floodline 0845 988 1188 * - 24 Hours a Day
Teletext Page 159
BBC Ceefax Page 419
Digital Ceefax Page 405
Local Weather Travel and News Bulletins.
Start Preparing today - Before a flood happens.
Use the following steps as a flood plan.
1. Check your insurance cover
Check your buildings and contents policy
2. Know how to turn off your Gas, Electricity and Water Mains supplies.
Ask your supplier how to do this.
Copies of your home insurance documents
4. Know who to contact and how.
Agree where you will go and how to contact each other.
5. Think about what you can move now.
Don't wait for a flood. Move items of personal value such as, photo albums, family videos and treasured mementos to a safe place.
6. Think about what you would want to move to safety during a flood.
Presented by Hartlepool Coast Watch. Members of The Sea Safety Group.